Shenanigans! (noun) def. 1. Silly or high-spirited behavior; mischief. 2. Girls’ Weekend!
Girls’ Weekend 2012 has gone down in history as another amazing weekend of friends, fun, and yes… Shenanigans! It was wonderful to get together with my best friends and resume our standard practice, no matter if we haven’t seen each other in months or in some cases, years, we can always quickly kick things off right back where we left off the last time we saw each other. I guess that’s what happens when you’re still getting together with the same group of friends that you went to first grade and even kindergarten with. Highlights from this year include:
1) Road trip to Indianapolis!
2) Getting kicked out of the spa. I guess high spirited shrieks of joy and laughter are relaxing for those enjoying the joke. Not for the person in the room next door getting a back massage.
3) Talking about the things that only women, wives, and mothers can truly appreciate and swapping tricks of the trade.
4) Participating in a “favorite things” exchange and discovering that some of my favorite things are my best friends’ favorite things (chai tea, straws, cute paper, and pickles)!
5) Shopping until we dropped. Shopping is a key component of every Girls’ Weekend. Along with eating, that is also a staple.
6) Reminiscing about past Girls’ Weekends and flipping through the old photographs. I enjoyed this so much I thought I would share some of the history with my blog followers. This is how Girls’ Weekend has progressed over the past 13 years. (Picture quality in no way reflects the level of fun had on these weekends.)